PhD in Russian
Translation & Editing Services
· Public health: health status reports
· Medicine: rehabilitating traumatic brain injuries
· Pharmaceuticals: clinical trial documentation
· Art: biographies of Modern European painters and sculptors;
analyses of their work
· Fiction: short stories, memoirs, drama
· Books, exhibition catalogues:
Catherine the Great: Art for Empire
A Universal Language Theory
French Art at the Hermitage (co-translator)
· I specialize in editing large documents that require good research skills and attention to detail.
· Editing projects include a book on the Gulag, clinical trial documentation, and academic papers.
· Interpreter and onsite co-ordinator for the CIDA-sponsored Health Policy
Project, managed by North South Group Inc. (
from spring 2001 to fall 2002.
period, I made six trips to the
for the Canadian team in various venues: hospitals, clinics, ambulances.
· Before becoming a freelance translator and editor in 1998, I taught Russian language, culture,
and literature for 15 years at colleges in Canada and the U.S. There I developed the writing,
editing, and analytical skills that have enabled me to handle a wide variety of material.
Degrees and Certificates
Mini-Med School Certificate (Lecture Series),
of Interpretation Certificate,
Diploma in French-to-English translation, Concordia University,
PhD in Russian
Literature, University of Toronto,
· Dissertation: Venedikt Erofeev’s “Moskva-Petushki: The Subversive Samizdat Text”
MA in Russian
Literature, McGill University,
· American Translators Association
· Editors’ Association of Canada